Colonial Brewing Co. – Head of Brewing Operations (National)
Location split – Port Melbourne, VIC (primary) / Margaret River WA
Colonial Brewing Company is seeking an experienced Head of Brewing Operations to guide operations at our Port Melbourne and Margaret River locations. With commissioning of our new can line in PM and an expanding brand, we are in need of a brewer who holds a sound knowledge of everything brewing, has an outlook to grow the business, is innovative and driven by making beer all it can be.
The role is a full time position, based in Port Melbourne, with the requirement to travel and work in Margaret River throughout the year. Working closely with the National Sales Manager, National Marketing Manager, National Brewery Operations Manager and National Events & Brand Ambassador.
Do you have a….
· Passion for craft beer, and pride in a role of creating something that people enjoy
· Process driven mind and a good attention to detail
· Ability to manage time effectively and get the job done unsupervised
· Ability to manage brewers on the floor and run a brew day
· Work closely with the Marketing department on brand identity, tasting notes, marketing and advertising.
· Flexible approach to hours worked, and commitment to seeing the job through when things go wrong,
· And a positive attitude, good work ethic and a desire to keep on learning…
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Financial Reports – Budgets, Weekly Performance Commentary, P&L Reviews, 1-3-5 Year Plans – working closely with the National Brewery Operations Manager
· Public Relations – Assist the Marketing department as an Ambassador of the brand
· Human Relations – Recruitment, Induction, Reviews
· Master Scheduling / Forecasts
· Compliance. OH&S
· Beer Specifications
· Sensory Training
· Excise reporting
· Quality control and HACCP management
· Capital Expenditure Program
· Contract Brewing Relations
· New Product Development
· Master Ordering for both sites
· Repairs & Maintenance
· Professional Development / SOP / Training
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Only Experienced candidates to apply
Application through to email@example.com Remuneration commensurate with experience. Applications close Wednesday 8th November